I’ve been seeing a ton of Metallic lately. A part of me is so excited to get back into winter gear.. I’m predicting metallics, navy blues/maroons/deep nudes/contrast, and a little sparkle. So, so, so excited. Here are a few goodies to feast your eyes on until then. ox – M
All posts tagged shoes
Hey, loves! So if you didn’t have a chance to make it out to Dynasty Events’ 1st annual GQ party, you missed out! It was a blast! I’ve attached some pictures of the night, along with a few key things we found that worked best for club attire. Some things we saw that we really like:
- Color blocking, Neutral colors and pops of color
- LBD’s with statement heels
- Suspenders and Fedoras
- Blazers and chain drop earrings
- Knowing how to dress up jeans
- Ties, bowties and more ties!
some of our fashionable friends really pulled out all the stops! Two of which were the winners of gift cards to H&M sponsered by Dynasty Events and the Society Chic team! It was an unforgettable night and we hope you see you out there next year! Be sure to head over to our Facebook to see more pictures from the night! - The SC Team
Hey, kids! Are you still awake? I know I’m aching for a good nap! I finally get to fill you in. I’ve recently started a new position at a successful and all-around-amazing Marketing company (those ARE the details, you little creepers) and I’m so thrilled to excel in my career and to take the next step! With all great opportunity, comes a new outfit! Well.. for me at least. My mother always taught me to dress for success and it’s exactly what I do! Like any other girl, my feet are killing me by the end of the day, it’s too hot to wear a blazer all day long (it’s Florida, people.. stay with me), but that never stops me from dressing for the position that I want. Isn’t confidence and determination a girl’s best accessory? I think so! You have to remember that people are going to feed off of your good energy and attitude. If you think all day long “I hate my job”, don’t you think people will sense that in your everyday persona? Besides, who needs shoulder pads when you have the stance of a lion?
I guess you can say I know a thing or two about dressing professionally. I somehow came out of the womb in heels and holding a briefcase. I get that from my mother, for sure! But when you’ve work at a few “corporate-y” places.. you’ve seen just about everything and anything. While this is just too much to touch small base on, I will be sure to include some things of what to/not do in a later post. And by later I mean when I have the brain capacity to really jog my memory of all the awful things I’ve encountered over the years!
An outfit I put together for my first day is attached. You’ll notice that It’s still very conservative -yet playful. I’ll be sure to keep re-caping my outfits for you. This is huge for me.. as I’m sure you can understand. You’re more than welcome to ask questions about interview outfits and I’d be happy to share my 25 cents! I’m slightly behind on time – which is why you haven’t seen any actual piece-by-pieces from me. I wish I could post more, but there are just NOT enough hours in the day. More soon! I hope I get to see you all at DynastyEvents‘ First Annual GQ Party, where Society Chic will be the official judges! Love you, babes!
JCPenny Worthington black blazer
JCPenny Worthington pencil skirt
JCPenny Nine & Co. slick back peep-toes
Christian Siriano for Payless beige contrast tote
My “Handy Dandy Notebook” aka Planner, life-saver, and memory keepsake that I never leave home without
Hey, Society! Bigs news! For a recent collab with DynastyEvents.com, a successful promotion company in Tampa Bay, we’re sponsoring gift cards for the best dressed girl and guy at the Dynasty Events’ annual GQ party, being hosted at The Hyde Park Cafe! I’ve attached the official flyer below and I hope you’ll join myself & the rest of the Society Chic team, along with the Dynasty Events family for a fashionable night to remember! Come dressed in your best because yours truly will be a judge for the winners! You can get on the FREE guestlist by heading to DynastyEvents.com and putting yourself on Melissa San Vicente’s guestlist.
Inspired by the GQ party, and with GQ in general, we decided to compile a few looks for the night out. Along with our looks, we’ve written a few commandments that men MUST live by when dressing for the nightlife. To avoid a Debbie Downer and to reap the benefits for guaranteeing yourself in the club (as opposed to being sent home for dress code), we advise you to stick with our guidelines and they’ll never steer you wrong!
Ten Commandments of Nightlife Attire:
- Dress-up: You can never be overdressed, and if you feel out of place, at least you’re the best dressed.
- Denim: keep your denim choices limited to a dark wash and fitted/straight leg style. Colored pants are fine, depending on your outfit, so choose wisely.
- Minimize: having bulky pockets are a no-no. Keep only the essentials. Credit card, ID, spare cash in a small wallet.
- Soles: Don’t wear sneakers to a club. There’s a difference between fashion shoes and a beat-up pair of Air Force 1′s that you refuse to throw away. Also… wear flip-flops to a club and we’ll disown you.
- Smell: Don’t wear too much cologne. No one wants to be intoxicated by your fumes.
- Ties: Do experiment with ties. They aren’t only for holidays. Ties can be used as your most bold accessory. Try out a color you’ve never tried before (lavender, magenta, mustard) or a pattern that you didn’t think would be “you” (paisley, geometric prints, plaid).
- Quality: Invest in a pair of quality shoes. Find a pair that suits you best, and have those as your “go to” shoe when you have no idea what to wear.
- Keep it at the Shore: Bedazzled shirts and neon dragons (covering your tees) are out. Keep your shirts simple and ALWAYS ironed/steamed. Your look will always look more put-together with a crisp shirt.
- Bling: Don’t wear gaudy jewelry ie: big chains, overly chunky watches, golds in your mouth (unless you’re Flava Flav). Fist pumping just can’t be done if there’s a possibility of you injuring someone.
- Stay True: Have fun with your style. Look to the pages of GQ and find looks that you’d like to try out. Have a style that defines you and that makes you comfortable. Confidence is your best accessory, so if you’re not “feeling” your outfit, odds are it’ll show in your confidence.
Hey, lovlies! It’s been such a super-fab month for me. Checking things off my ‘to-do’ list, partaking in new adventures, and finding inspiration in the most unique places. I cannot stress how thankful I am that Spring is on it’s way and bringing TONS of color for it’s arrival. I’ve lately obsessed over a few things that I had to share! Remember to keep trying new things. As I continue to travel through this journey, I’m finding that it’s becoming easier to mix-n-match patterns, try different colors, and go out of my comfort zone for things I wouldn’t normally wear. The latest finds in Spring have shown that matching is just not in the cards! Add pops of color to your outfits by fasening a bright flower to your blazer, or find a patterned heel that you can pair together with a striped boat tee and a pleated skirt. Look out for our latest TOTW. I’m beyond excited to share! Until next time! *waves*
1. J. Crew Lora peep-toe wedges found here.
2. NARS Semi-Matter ‘Funny Face’ Lipstick found here.
3. Sephora Hot Hues Bright Ribbon Hair Ties Set found here.
4. Target Cabana 80-Sheet Composition Book found here.
5. American Crafts Precision Pens found here.
6. Ray Ban Original Wayfarer (Gray Dark & Light) found here.
7. ASOS LOVE HEART Toe Cap Ballerina Flats found here.
8. Old Navy Women’s Cap-Toe Canvas Ballet Flats found here.
9. L’Oreal Colour Riche Nail Trend Setter Collection in Paparazzi Pleaser, Penthouse Pink, & Hopeless romantic found at any major drug store.
Hi babes! Man, have I missed you guys! It’s been madness around here and I’ve been absolutely itching to get a post up! So.. this has been a hidden secret of mine for some time. But like all ‘unknown’ things, they must eventually come to an end (of being unknown that is, lol). Urbanog.com has been my all-time favorite shoe website for the following reasons:
They are so decently priced, it is RIDIC. I think that alone makes for a keeper in my book! Ranging from $7.00 (yes, seven dot zero zero!) – $50.00
They very often try to emulate other styles out in the fashion industry and are very edgy when trying new looks. New looks can be seen DAILY!
There is almost ALWAYS a sale, promo code, deal-of-the-day or free shipping that pulls me in for the win. Enroll in the emails. They. Are. Worth. Every. Penny!
I’ve had several pairs of shoes from all three and I can definitely say that confort wise, they are all different. Urbanog is usually true to size, while Aldo Shoes is usually a snug fit (due to the fact that they want you to ‘break them in’ as I was so kindly told by the sales girl), and with Bakers carrying brands like Jessica Simpson, MIA and Nicole Lee – They can all differ! While we all know that Bakers and Aldo can carry some hefty price tags, I’m here to show you just how comparable they can be. I’ve listed below some of our top contenders.. and well, you can be the judge! Kisses*
I’ve been in love with these Mary Jane Espadrilles for quite some time. It didn’t help any that they’re made by the one and only Christian Louboutin, but the price tag of $200.00 had me faint at heart. Even THAT is a good price for a pair of Loub’s.. However, you can imagine my excitement when I found out that my all-time-favorite online shoe store, UrbanOg.com, came out with an identical pair for a mere $27.90! Please believe that I can deal without the designer name brand for one pair of shoes. I think you can, too! Let me know your thoughts and if you find any ‘Splurge-to-Steal’ twins come across your path, like I have. We’re already starting this year off on the right foot..er, wedge! ha! Happy Tuesday! OX – M
Hello, loves! The cold-er air is finally here and I’m like a kid on Christmas morning pulling all of my Winter gear out of the closet. I’ve complied a list of the top 10 ‘Must-haves’ for footwear this Winter. Of course, cheaper versions are always easy to spot. So, keep on the lookout and let me know which trends you’re absolutely jumping for. I assure you’ll be happy and your toes toasty, too!
1. Two-Toned Leather Boot: This, here, is at the top of my list! I am bound and determined to find something similar at a better price, but until then check out these classic riding boots by Aldo, from Nordstrom, where you can by here.
2. Moccasin/Loafer Cognac Wedges: Work-approved and polished, these wedges stand above the rest! I recently bought a black pair by BCBG, however, these are too cute to pass up. Especially because ALDO is extending their 30% off until today! I know, you can thank me later!
3. Rain Boots: Look, I live in Florida. It happens, okay? Rain or shine, these chic little boots will be sure to keep your feet warm & dry! I absolutely LOVE the lace up, it brings a little niche to the modern rain boot that I just can’t get over. While these are fairly pricey, I’ve seen several look-a-likes at gojane.com. These, by Lucky Brand, you can find at Bloomingdales!
4. Fringe, Fringe, and Fringe! Oh MY! Look, we have those days. The let-me-throw-on-my-sneakers to go out days. It happens to the most trendy of us, but fret not! These super comfy (looking) sneaks are sure to turn heads. Throw on some leggings, an oversized sweater, chunky braclets, and call it a day. Found in different colors at ALDO.
5. Oh, Oxfords! I can always count on these cute little numbers to keep my chic-on in even the worst of colds. Super sleek and shiney, perfect for the dark demin or black jean skinnies you’re dying to wear. I am personally going for a two-colored pair, black and white, of course! But these are ones you’ll want to get your hands on… quick!
6. I know, I know! I posted it, you thought it! Dare I go the Winter season without a trendy pair of flat loafers you’re SURE to pull-off at the office. Need I say more?
7. Coming in at number seven.. Combat Boots! How could we forget! This season, we’re seeing celebs such as Rihanna, Amber Rose, Miley Cyrus, & Jessica Alba Sporting this rocked-out trend! Turn any outfit into a edgy look with simble boots and studs! Here is a lovely-priced pair that can be found at Gojane.com.
8. How could this list be complete without some sky-high pumps? Color blocking is staying this winter and I could NOT be happier! I’m finding that I’m seeing a TON of Mary Janes on the horizon and I’ll add that these chic little get-ups are nicely priced at $35 bucks (buy one get one for $15!) that can be found at Charlotte Russe.
9. Folded Ankle Boots: Pick a color, pull down the flaps and go! Another pair of boots to add to the list, these comfy finds come in at number nine and are decently priced at a low $25! Find these and more at Go Jane (spend over $50 and it’s free shipping!)
10. Last but CERTAINLY not least, Lace-up Suede platforms! I’ve been keeping the cool colors around for winter and finding that these do just the job! Other colors can also be found at Go Jane!
Alright, love bugs! I hope this post will keep you up-to-date with my faves! A few that were not featured can be found here and here. Send me pictures with the latest! As always, hashtag #SocietyChic. Stay tuned for my belated “Mel’s Monday, Thing of the Week” post. Updating has been fairly nuts, so I’ll post that later on tonight. xx - M
Man, oh man, what better way to finish turkey day then going through the chaos that is black friday. To commemorate black friday is the release of the “Black Cement” Air Jordan 3. Easily one the best Jordans in the series, the release of the 3s is one of the last great “cops” of the year. It has only been released 3 other times since its creation. So set your alarms to 4am and be ready to wait in line because these shoes will be gone just moments after the doors open. So mark an X on your calendar and if needed go to Jumpman23.com’s store locater to find a retailer quick. Remember not to hit the ‘snooze’ button, peeps.
Dope is as dope does… – N
Waddup, world! Welcome to the inaugural post of the urban side of Society Chic. I come to you with loads of enthusiasm and nervousness about the first posting. I guess you can say “me siento muy excited.” I digress, so let’s jump right in.
Being somewhat of a ‘sneakerhead’, I’ve come across a dilemma that many of us share. What kicks are considered “Club/Lounge worthy?” For the most part, the more “Bouji” the club, the less likely you will be able to get in with sneakers. Maybe it doesn’t help that you’re trying to get in with Air Force Ones that look like they’ve been around since the 1980s, but if you are willing to compromise, I’m pretty sure you’ll be happy with the alternatives.. And also not look like you’re about to step into church.
First up, I thought I’d incorporate something that’s a bit more casual, but still has the soul/sole of a sneaker. The Vans Versa Carbon/Gum Colorway is a really clean shoe, with a timeless upper, simple paneling, and interesting details. Choosing a Darker color scheme and gum sole gives the impression of a Dress shoe. Though, the Versa is a skate shoe, ‘sneakerheads’ can feel free to wear the kicks at the skate park and then at the night spot afterward, although I would recommend dusting them off before you do.
Moving right along, finding integration between the two, just might be the combination you’re looking for. A classic Converse never seizes to amaze me (with innovation on a retro design). The All-star classic boot is a fine example of that tougher canvas then the original (available in chocolate or black). Not to mention, moccasin style toe and rounded heavy-duty laces that give the look of a “high end” boot with the feel of the “old school” Chuck Taylor
At last (and certainly not least), we find ourselves in the midst of one of the best sneaker brands ever.. The Nike Jordan sneaker collection. Now, the likelihood of you being able to rock any of the Air Jordan series, is pretty slim. Jordan has some causal counterparts to their infamous basketball line. In comes the Jordan Grown Series. One of my favorites, in the series, is the V.5 Low. Available in a variety of colors and materials, this shoe has clean lace, an up-front closure, mesh material, and Padded tongue with logo. Great for the ‘sneakerhead’ in all of us, but still passable as a mature casual sneaker.
Well.. There you have it, Chicheads! I hope your first time was as good for you as it was for me. I hope my posts help you out when suiting up for any nightly escapades. A key thing to remember: Everyplace is different regarding dress code. So, do the smart thing and choose wisely. If all else fails, you can always bring a spair set of shoes. My advice though… Call Ahead!
Dope is as dope does…